Tuition & Housing
RIS reserves the right to change fees at any time.
Students taking more than one program (i.e., Summer Ulpan and Autumn Semester) are required to meet all their financial obligations by the deadline of the first program they will attend.
Summer Language Programs
|Language Courses||Tuition||Housing||Payment Deadline|
|Arabic Immersion Program||US$ 2,450||US$1,200||May 23, 2019|
|Biblical Hebrew||US$ 2,015||US$ 1,010||May 23, 2019|
Students who enroll in more than one Summer Course (July 2- July 26, 2018) receive a 10% discount on their overall course tuition. The discount does not apply to Language Courses, Archeological Field Schools, and Special Programs.
|Summer Tuition||Housing||Payment Deadline|
|Determined per course; please see Courses by Subject or Courses by Time Frame.||US$ 840||June 10, 2019|
|Special Programs||Tuition||Housing||Payment Deadline|
|Trauma and Resilience||Core course: US$ 1,870||US$ 450||June 6, 2019|
|Third-week specialty course: US$ 500 |
(to be paid directly to the Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma)
|US$ 240*||June 6, 2019|
|Archaeology of the New Testament||US$ 1,810||US$ 480||July 10, 2019|
|Transboundary Water Cooperation||US$ 1,650||US$ 450||May 23, 2019|
|Summer Science Internship||US$ 1,000 - exchange students receive a tuition waiver.||US$ 840 per month|
|Archaeology Field Schools||US $120 per course credit||N/A||N/A|
*Only available to students who continue from the core course.
The Hebrew University reserves the right to cancel any course for which there is insufficient registration.
If you plan to study in more than one summer program and live in university housing, you will be charged an additional housing fee for the days between programs. Register for housing.
If you don’t see your program listed above, please check your specific program page for costs:
Cost of Living
Visit our student life section to learn about cost of living in Jerusalem.
Miscellaneous Charges & Fees
|Replacement student card||NIS 60|
|Hard copy of transcripts (beyond first five)*||US$ 15|
|Request a certified e-transcript (one-time fee)||US$ 10|
|Email an e-transcript to any specified address (per copy)||US$ 15|
|Late payment fee||US$ 150|
|Application fee||US$ 80|
Students are eligible to receive 5 free copies of their transcripts for up to six months from the end of the program. Students who order five or more transcripts on the same request form are charged US$15 per transcript for the first four copies ordered and then US$5 for each additional transcript on the same order. Thus, for example, 5 transcripts would cost US$65 and 10 transcripts US$90.
For more information and to order additional transcripts please see the transcript page on our website.
Visit our money matters section to learn about paying for your program.
Official withdrawal from the program for any reason is contingent upon submission of a completed Notice of Withdrawal that has been approved and signed by your department. Tuition refunds will be prorated according to how many days of classes have elapsed. After the sixth day of classes, no tuition refunds will be granted.
|Date of Withdrawal||Charged|
|Prior to the beginning of program||US$ 250|
|During the first three days of program||25% of tuition fee|
|Between the fourth and the sixth day||50% of tuition fee|
|After the sixth day||100% of tuition fee|
Refunds will only be granted to students who follow the official withdrawal procedures.
* Please note that the above mentioned information regarding tuition refunds is only relevant to tuition owed to Rothberg International School alone. For programs offered by Rothberg in collaboration with other institutions, such as Coexistence and InnovNation, Trauma and Resilience, and other joint programs, please contact the Division of Summer Courses and Special Programs for further information on contacts for refunds from partner institutions.
To be eligible to receive a refund for your housing fees, you must withdraw from the program and vacate university housing within the first three days of classes. If you have accepted a room key or have moved your personal possessions into a room and now wish to vacate university housing, you must submit written notification to the Rothberg International School Finance Office, Boyar Building 501/502.
If you wish to withdraw during the first three days of classes:
- You will need to present an official clearance from the Housing Office confirming your departure.
- Your housing fees will be refunded minus US$ 30 for each day you occupied university housing.
If you do not withdraw from the program or vacate your rooms within the first three days of classes, you will not be eligible to receive a refund of your housing fees.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
- Under no circumstances will a refund be issued to a student who did not provide the relevant office with a written notice of withdrawal from the program or intention to vacate student housing.
- Refunds are issued in Israeli currency (NIS) according to the rate of exchange. A student who requests a refund in any other currency will be charged a 0.7 percent bank fee. The refund may also be deposited directly into a local or international bank account if banking details are provided.
We offer courses and programs in a variety of fields, with a focus on social and political sciences, Israel and the Middle East, languages, religion, fine and performing arts, business and legal studies, and STEM.
The Real Jerusalem
Live on-campus with international and Israeli students – including a staff of Israeli students who help you navigate life in Jerusalem. This vibrant city will be your second classroom, full of trips and tours.
Apply online to begin your adventure in Jerusalem at the highest-ranked university in Israel.