Fast Facts: Mechina Program
Language of Instruction:
Mainly Hebrew; some English and/or additional languages
- Summer Ulpan: August 7 – September 27, 2017
- Academic Year: October 22, 2017 – June 21, 2018
- Final Exams: June 28 – July 30, 2018
Secondary (high) school diploma that qualifies you for university entrance in your home country; under age 30; students holding 40+ university credits not eligible
Cost for Year (full-time):
- Internationals & Israeli Non-Residents: US$ 12,500 tuition; US$ 6,270 housing
- Israelis Residing in Israel: NIS 25,480 tuition (subsidies available)
- New Immigrants: NIS 700 and scholarship approval letter from the Israel Student Authority
- See detailed tuition information, including possible subsidies, part-time rates, and more
Our year-long Mechina Program offers intensive instruction in the Hebrew and English languages, along with an introduction to academic studies in Hebrew. The program is for high school graduates from abroad, including discharged immigrant soldiers, who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in Israel, but who do not qualify for direct admission to a Hebrew University degree program.
Successful completion of the Mechina Program will help you improve your chances of admission to the prestigious Hebrew University, as well as to other institutions of higher education in Israel. Click here to learn more about the minimum requirements for successful completion of the Mechina.
+ Intensive Study
+ Focused Study Tracks
+ Israeli Society & Culture
We’re happy you’re considering studying with us. See our application guidelines and choose the program of your choice on the drop-down list at the start of the online application form.