Coexistence in the Middle East: Summer & Winter Program
Program director: Mr. Javier Gelbwaser
Language of Instruction:
English; Program can be arranged in Spanish for an organized group
- Summer: 135
- Winter: 45
Winter: December 31, 2019 – January 9, 2020
Check-out from housing: January 12, 2020
July session: July 1-24, 2019
Check-out from housing: July 25, 2019
August session: July 31- August 14, 2019
Check-out: August 15, 2019
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Winter: November 1, 2019
Summer: June 1, 2019
Health insurance through Rothberg is mandatory for the program.
- Application Fee: US$ 80
- Tuition: US$ 1,810 (includes health insurance)
- Housing: US$ 415
- Application Fee: US$ 80
US$ 1,685 (1 course)
US$ 3,005 (2 courses)
US$ 4,292 (3 courses)
July session (July 1-25, 2019): US$ 840
July and August sessions (July 1 – August 15, 2019): US$ 1,470
Relevant Academic Fields:
Sociology, cultural studies, journalism, history, international relations, religious studies
For more information: Program website: Study Abroad Program in Israel Summer & Winter 2019 “Coexistence in the Middle East”
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of people, narratives and perspectives in Jerusalem and the surrounding area.
- Develop deeper insight into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through exploring contrasting narratives.
- Examine the challenges and opportunities presented by the Arab Spring.
- Explore the contradictory roles that religion plays as both obstacle and facilitator to peace in the Holy Land.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. To enroll in the full Coexistence in the Middle East Summer Session Program (all three courses) or in the Winter Session:
- On the online application, click on Special Programs.
- Select the session of your choice.
To enroll in only one or two of the courses for this summer session program, select the courses of your interest from the list of “Summer Courses” in the online application. Learn more about the application guidelines.
Please see here for more information about visas.
** Please note that you may switch from a summer course to this program up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the summer course / program.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.
Rothberg International - CME