Coexistence in the Middle East: Summer & Winter Program
Program director: Mr. Javier Gelbwaser
Language of Instruction:
English; Program can be arranged in Spanish for an organized group
- Summer: 135
July session: June 29 – July 22, 2020
Check-out from housing: July 23, 2020
August session: August 2-12, 2020
Check-out: August 13, 2020
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak, CME Summer Program 2020 is being postponed to a later date. Updates to come.
Health insurance through Rothberg is mandatory for the program.
- Application Fee: US$ 80
- Tuition (in-person):
US$ 1,770 (1 course)
US$ 3,155 (2 courses)
US$ 4,507 (3 courses)
- Tuition (online):
US$ 1,416 (1 course)
US$ 2,524 (2 courses)
US$ 3,605 (3 courses)
July session (June 29 – July 23, 2020): US$ 850
July and August sessions (June 29 – August 13, 2020): US$ 1,210
August session (August 2-13, 2020): US$ 360
Relevant Academic Fields:
Sociology, cultural studies, journalism, history, international relations, religious studies
Online or In-Person Course
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are also offering an ONLINE version of our summer courses (with a 20% discount on tuition fees)that includes talks, presentations, and discussions with experts, activists, and representatives from different religious, political, cultural and national identities who regularly receive our groups.
For more information: Program website: Study Abroad Program in Israel Summer & Winter 2020 “Coexistence in the Middle East”
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of people, narratives and perspectives in Jerusalem and the surrounding area.
- Develop deeper insight into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through exploring contrasting narratives.
- Examine the challenges and opportunities presented by the Arab Spring.
- Explore the contradictory roles that religion plays as both obstacle and facilitator to peace in the Holy Land.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. To enroll in the full Coexistence in the Middle East Summer Session Program (all three courses) or in the Winter Session:
- On the online application, click on Special Programs.
- Select the session of your choice.
- To enroll in only one or two of the courses for this summer session program, select the courses of your interest from the list of “Summer Courses” in the online application. Learn more about the application guidelines.
- Please see here for more information about visas.
- You may switch from a summer course to this program up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the summer course / program.
- A 10% discount on the tuition fee for one of the summer Coexistence program courses is offered by IBH to students who complete their application by February 15, 2020, and who complete payment by March 15, 2020. Students who apply for more than one course of the Coexistence program will receive the 10% discount on one of the courses only.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.
Rothberg International - CME