First-Year Study Abroad Program
Language of Instruction:
Semester or year
Autumn: Late August through early January
Spring: Mid-January through early June
(Check calendar for exact dates)
High school diploma; minimum 3.0 (B) GPA; TOEFL 89 (IBT) or equivalent
April 15 (year and autumn)
November 30 (spring)
Community service option available
For financial information, see Tuition & Fees for Other undergraduate
Why the First-Year Study Abroad Program?
- Set yourself apart by starting your higher education journey in Jerusalem, a city rich with tradition and full of creativity and innovation.
- Forge connections with Israeli and international students to experience a mosaic of cultures, immersing yourself in Israeli life.
- Benefit from the reputation of the internationally renowned Hebrew University.
- Enjoy full academic support, including meetings with your academic advisor.
- Experience diverse activities with new friends.
- Go beyond the classroom and experience Israel through our community service option.
+ Community Service
+ Student Life
+ The Jerusalem Experience
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. See our application guidelines or apply online now. Please note on the application that you are applying for the “First-Year Study Abroad program.”
Questions? We’d love to hear from you.
Advisor Division of Undergraduate Studies
Rothberg International School The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Boyar Building, Room 428
Tel.: +972 2 588 1628
Fax: +972 2 588 2363
Office hours: Sunday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.