You can choose to participate in an excavation for the field experience only, or you can decide to also earn credit from HebrewU during your participation. The process differs according to your choice.
- Earn academic credit for any of our archaeological field schools.
- Choose from archaeological digs from a variety of different periods in Israel’s history.
- Experience the land of the Bible through travel and tours.
- Take part in lectures and seminars provided by leading archaeologists from Hebrew University.
Archaeological Field Schools (2017-2018)
+ Biblical Tel Hazor
+ Tel Abel Beth Maacah
+ Tel Lachish
+ Khirbet El-Eika (Hellenistic Galilee)
You’ll apply directly to the specific archaeological field school you’d like to join. Please select your field school of interest from the list below for more information.
Participation & Academic Credit
In order to earn academic credit for your participation in the archaeological field school, you’ll complete a three-step process:
- Apply directly to the specific archaeological field school you’d like to join. Please select your field school of interest from the list below for more information.
- Fulfill the academic requirements of the excavation as determined by the director of your archaeological field school.
- Once you have finished the field school and submitted a research paper, you need to submit an application to HebrewU’s Rothberg International School (RIS).
We offer courses and programs in a variety of fields, with a focus on social and political sciences, Israel and the Middle East, languages, religion, fine and performing arts, business and legal studies, and STEM.
The Real Jerusalem
Live on-campus with international and Israeli students – including a staff of Israeli students who help you navigate life in Jerusalem. This vibrant city will be your second classroom, full of trips and tours.
Apply online to begin your adventure in Jerusalem at the highest-ranked university in Israel.