Welcome to Rothberg International School’s Summer & Short Term online application!
Below you will find details meant to help you through the application process.
Applications to the Summer Session of 2023-2024 are now open.
Eligibility, Cost, & DeadlinesPlease check your program page for information on eligibility, cost, and application deadlines.
- It is possible to combine most summer courses with a second summer course. The recommended course load is no more than two courses. When registering for more than one course, you will be offered a 10% discount off of the total tuition fee. Scroll down for the July summer schedule to see which summer courses can be combined together in July.
- It is not possible to register for a language course in addition to a summer course.
- If you are interested in earning graduate credit for summer courses and short-term programs, please see our graduate guidelines.
- You must submit all supplementary application materials as outlined below. If you cannot provide all of the necessary materials by the deadline, you are advised to submit an incomplete supplementary materials packet (either online during the application or by email) with a letter listing the missing documents and when you will submit them.
- The admissions team can only finalize decisions after receiving your online application and all required supplementary materials.
- We will send all correspondence to your email address as it appears on your application form. Please notify the office of any change of address or personal information.
- We cannot return application materials or transfer them to any other institutions.
- The university reserves the right to cancel courses that do not meet the required minimum enrollment.
Application FeeThe non-refundable application fee of US $120 (or equivalent sum in local currency) may be paid by:
- Credit card (MasterCard, VISA, Isracard) during the online application process. Please note that there is a 1.9% convenience fee on all credit card payments.
- Cash (in person)
- Traveler’s check or money order payable to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Bank transfer: Bank Discount (#11) The Jerusalem Main Branch (#50601) Account number 139819 Swift/BIC Code: IDB LILITJLM IBAN (NIS): IL250110600000002197776 IBAN (US$): IL840110600000006197770 IBAN (€): IL510110600000010197771 The transfer should include your name and requested program. You must bring a copy of this transaction to your ﬁnancial registration in Jerusalem.
Supplementary Application Materials
Submit online or via email:
- Academic letter of recommendation evaluating your character and academic ability. If you are currently enrolled in an institution of higher education, you should submit a letter from one of your instructors. If you are not currently a student, you should submit a letter from a supervisor or colleague. You will be asked to provide your recommender’s name and email address during the online application process, and we will send him/her a request to fill out an online recommendation.
- Transcript: Please send one official copy of your most recent university transcript or an authorized photocopy of your degree. You can upload a scanned copy during the online application process.
- Medical form: You will download the medical form during the online application process, and then have it completed and signed by your physician and uploaded to complete the application process.
- Passport-sized photograph: You may upload a scanned 2 x 2 inch (51 x 51 mm) photo during the online application process, or you may send it via email. The scanned photo should be in JPEG, GIF, or Bitmap format with a file size no larger than 1MB.
- Housing reservation (optional): Rooms are only assigned to accepted students who request housing. The housing request form is included in the online application process. You can also access it through the On-Campus Reservations page.
- Passport Photocopy: A scanned copy of your passport identification page.
Trauma & Resilience Applicants OnlyIn addition to the items listed above, you are required to submit the following:
- Resume/CV of one-two pages summarizing your education, work, and volunteer/leadership experience. Please include native and foreign language skills.
- Motivation essay of 500 words about your personal and/or professional motivation to enter this course.
Coexistence in the Middle East AND InnovNation Applicants onlyIn addition to the items listed above, you are required to submit the following:
- Statement of Purpose/ Motivation essay – of 500 words about your personal and/or professional motivation to enter this course.
- Passport: A scanned copy of your passport identification page.