Welcome! Below is a link to our online application form. New users must first open a free account before they can log in. Returning users should log in with their email address and password, or student number and personal code.
Graduate Application Deadlines
2024/2025 Academic Year
The information below is relevant for the following programs:
M.A. in Nonprofit Management and Leadership
M.A. in Smart Cities and Urban Informatics
M.A. in Archaeology and the Ancient Near East
M.A. in the Bible and the Ancient Near East
M.A. in Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies
M.A. in Israel Studies
M.A. in Jewish Studies
Application period: November 15 – December 31, 2023
Application fee: $120
First tuition payment of $1,500 by: January 31, 2024
Remaining tuition payment by: March 31, 2024
Early admissions scholarship: $1,000 (for students who apply and pay tuition by the above deadlines)
Additional scholarship for students who pay tuition in full by January 31, 2024: $500 (total of $1,500 scholarship)
Application period: January 1 – June 30, 2024
Application fee: $ 120
First tuition payment of $1,500 by: July 15, 2024
Remaining tuition payment by: August 15, 2024
Application period: July 1 – August 31, 2024
Application fee: $250
The deadlines to apply for our various other scholarships may differ. Please check our Scholarships and Financial Aid page.
Applicants who complete their tuition payment and then decide to cancel their enrollment in the program will receive a full refund, but will be charged a withdrawal fee, as follows:
Cancellation by June 1, 2024: $250 withdrawal fee
Cancellation by August 1, 2024: $500 withdrawal fee
Cancellation by October 28, 2024: $750 withdrawal fee
For information about withdrawal fees after October 29, 2024, please refer to our Tuition Fees & Refunds page.
Application period: November 15, 2023 – January 15, 2024
Outstanding students (with an overall GPA equivalent to 3.8 on the US grade scale or 90 on the Israeli grade scale, and above) with sufficient quantitative background who are also graduates of a university ranked 250 or higher by the Shanghai ranking, will be entitled to a health insurance fee waiver from the Hebrew University’s Jerusalem Business School.
Second Call for Early Admissions
Application period: January 16, – March 15, 2024
Application fee: US $120
First tuition payment of $3,000 by: March 31, 2024
Remaining tuition payment can be divided into up to 5 installments. Second payment by: May 31, 2024
Second Call Early Admissions scholarship: %5 of the tuition (for students who apply and pay tuition by the above deadlines)
- Application period: March 15 – July 31, 2024
- Application fee: $120
Application period: November 15, 2023 – August 31, 2024
Late applications are accepted, based on availability.
Application period: September 15 – December 31, 2023
Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, until February 1, 2024.
Admissions: November 15, 2023 – March 31, 2024
Late applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, until September 1, 2024.
Admissions: September 15 – December 31, 2024
For a complete list of the required supplementary documents needed for your program, please refer to your program page. Additionally, please note the following general regulations and guidelines:
- We will only accept applications submitted through the online application portal.
- You must submit all supplementary documents as outlined on your program page. Documents may be uploaded to your application form directly or sent to the Division of Graduate Studies via emailor post.
- You will be notified of the admission decision only after all required supplementary application materials have been received.
- We cannot return supplementary documents or transfer them to any other institution.
- You will receive an email from the Division of Graduate Studies with a student number, personal code, and link to upload the required supplementary documents within about 3 business days of applying to a program.
- The Division of Graduate Studies will send all correspondence to the e-mail address that you provide on your application form. You must notify the Division of Graduate Studies of any changes of e-mail address or personal information.
- You will receive an admission decision within about 3 weeks of applying to a program and submitting all of the required supplementary documents.
- Acceptance to M.A. programs is conditional upon submission of official academic records. Scanned or faxed copies of academic records are not considered official.
- Applications with scanned, photocopied, or faxed documents will be processed and students may be accepted to a program on the condition that they present original paper copies or official electronic copies (“e-transcripts”) issued by their university Registrar’s Office. E-transcripts must be sent by the university Registrar’s Office directly to the Division of Graduate Studies. Original academic documents must be submitted to the Division of Graduate Studies by the first day of your academic program.
- Upload documents to your online application form here
- Email your documents to the Division of Graduate Studies here
- Mail your original documents to the Division of Graduate Studies at the address below:
Division of Graduate Studies
Rothberg International School
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Boyar Building Room 520, Mount Scopus
91905 Jerusalem, ISRAEL
A non-refundable application fee of US$ 120 may be paid by:
Credit card (MasterCard or VISA) during the online application process. Please note that there is a 2.4% convenience fee on all credit card payments.
Bank transfer to:
Bank Discount (#11)
Kanfei Nesharim Branch (#331)
Account number 33182
Swift/BIC Code: IDB LILITXXX
IBAN (US$): IL360113310000006197770
IBAN (€): IL030113310000010197771
The transfer should include your name and requested program. You must bring a copy of this transaction to ﬁnancial registration in Jerusalem.
More information about payment methods can be found here.
Please note that applications will not be reviewed until the application fee has been remitted.
The RIS Division of Graduate Studies will communicate all admissions decisions via email. If you receive a conditional acceptance letter, you will be required to resolve the condition of your acceptance before the start of your program. Acceptance letters are valid only for the year issued. Deferred admission is not possible. Candidates must reapply each year.