The Hebrew word Mechina means “preparation.”
The preparatory Mechina Program at Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School is designed for high school (secondary school) graduates from abroad who wish to become fluent in Hebrew (and English) in order to pursue undergraduate studies in Israel.
- Expert Hebrew language instruction.
- Open doors to top-ranked Hebrew University degree programs and other academic institutions in Israel.
- Personalized guidance from your academic advisors.
- Instruction from highly qualified faculty with expertise in a wide range of fields.
- Cultural and social events to introduce you to Israeli life.
Our flagship, year-long Mechina Program is designed for high school graduates who do not qualify for direct admission to a Hebrew University degree program. Generally, a high school diploma from an institution outside of Israel is not considered equivalent to the Israeli matriculation certificate (Bagrut). Furthermore, your command of Hebrew and/or English may not be strong enough to gain admittance to a Hebrew University degree program. Determine whether you qualify for direct admission.
- Student Life
- Mechina Regulations (English)
- Mechina Regulations (Hebrew)
- Apply Now
Preparatory Program brochure:
Hebrew University Quick Facts
We offer courses and programs in a variety of fields, with a focus on social and political sciences, Israel and the Middle East, languages, religion, fine and performing arts, business and legal studies, and STEM.
The Real Jerusalem
Live on-campus with international and Israeli students – including a staff of Israeli students who help you navigate life in Jerusalem. This vibrant city will be your second classroom, full of trips and tours.
Apply online to begin your adventure in Jerusalem at the highest-ranked university in Israel.
Visit us! @hebrew.uni.intl