Health Services in Jerusalem – Harel Insurance Company
Many medical clinics in Jerusalem are affiliated with the Harel Insurance Company. You can use these clinics without a co-pay. When using these medical services, you must present your insurance card.
Hospital emergency rooms: Please note that Harel will cover the cost of a visit to hospital emergency rooms only if you were referred by a doctor affiliated with Harel or due to a life-threatening situation.
Medical Facilities in Jerusalem
+ Medical Services in Jerusalem
A) Schedule an appointment with a doctor:
- For an appointment with a family (primary care) physician – call the Clalit clinic directly.
- For an appointment with a specialist – Call the Clalit Call Center at *2700 and press “4” for service in English. The Call Center operates at:
Sunday–Thursday 8 AM – 7 PM
Friday 8 AM – 1 PM
- You may purchase prescription medicine without co-pay only at the pharmacies located in the Clalit clinics.
Medication included in the government’s Health Service Basket (sal habriyut) is generally provided free of charge.
Medication not included in the Health Service Basket is paid for by the Insuree. Therefore, if your doctor writes a prescription, you should remember to ask for medication that is included in the Health Service Basket.
The Clalit Women’s Health Centers are located at:
- Shaarei Tzedek Hospital Building in Jerusalem. To schedule an appointment, please call *2700, and ask to see a doctor who speaks English. (To contact the Women’s Health Center directly, dial 02-5676822 and press “5” for the office).
- Ramot Eshkol Clinic. To schedule an appointment, please dial *2700. (To contact the Ramot Eshkol Clinic directly, dial
You must present your magnetic card to receive service.
D) Hospitals The hospital which is under agreement with Clalit Health Services in Jerusalem is:
Sharei Tzedek Hospital only
Do not use any other hospital in Jerusalem.
E) Doctor’s home visits 24 hours a day:
Call “Bikur Rofe” Contact Center – 1-800–260-660 – and ask for a doctor’s home visit. A doctor will come to your place of residence within 2-3 hours (no co-pay).
F) Ambulance: The Clalit will cover ambulance expenses only if there was a hospitalization of more than 24 hours.
G) Emergency dental treatment Emergency dental treatment is provided by Clalit Smile Clinics located throw-out Israel. There is no need to schedule an appointment. In case emergency dental problems, you can go directly to:
“Maoz” clinic: 26 Ben-Yehuda St. Jerusalem. Opening Hours: Sun-Thu 08:00-20:00, Fri 08:00-13:00
You must present your magnetic card in order to receive service.
Clalit Clinics in Jerusalem
There are pharmacies in all the following clinics:
A) Regev Clinic
Address: 64 Bar Cochva, French Hill
Tel: 02-5811156- Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Clinic manager: Alexander
Buses: 68, 77
B) Metudela Clinic
Address: 5 Metudela St., Rehavia
Tel: 02-539-8555 – Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Clinic manager: Varda
Buses: 9, 19, 17, 32 Clinic Hours
List of Family Medicine (Primary Care) Doctors
1. Dr. Nagla
2. Dr. Savag
3. Dr. Sever
4. Dr. Graydinger
In case of an emergency, if your doctor is not available, you can go directly to the clinic and see a doctor on duty without an appointment, Sunday – Friday between 8 AM – 11 AM.
C) Talpiot Clinic
Address: 75 Derech Beit Lechem, Talpiot
Tel: 02-5457000 – Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Clinic manager: Mrs. Ilanit
Buses: 26, 24, 18, 19
D) Pisgat Zeev Clinic
Address: 11 Hasayeret Hayerushalmit St. Pisgat Zeev
Tel: 02-5843666 – Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Clinic manager: Mrs. Nava Ben-Shushan
Buses: 25, 22, 46, 8
List of Doctors
1. Dr. Mordechai Levenstein
2. Dr. Farcha Levi
3. Dr. Michael Goldshmit
E) Bnei- Brith (Shtrauss) Clinic
Address: 22 Bnei Brith St
Tel: Tel: 02-6706632 – Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Fax 02-6252587 Clinic manager: Sarah
1. Dr. Marian Ben-Yishay – Family & Pediatrics
2. Dr. Koifman – Family physician
3. Dr. Shalom Turgeman – Family & Pediatrics
4. Dr. Yulia Lipkin– Pediatrics
F) Maoz Clinic
Address: 26 Ben-Yehuda St
Tel: Tel: 02-6292333 – Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Clinic manager: Mrs. Gila
Buses: 9, 4, 32, 48, 7, 8, 22, 71, 72
Dr. Noam Ofek, Dr Dorit Aviad
G) Sheikh Jerash Clinic
Address: 5 Kalermon Jano St.
Tel: 02-5893720 – Dial 3 to the office and then 8 Clinic manager: Mr. Ahmed Lipkirat
Buses: 26, 9, 23
To visit a family doctor, you can go directly to the clinic. There is no need to make an appointment.
H) Ramot Eshkol Clinic
Address: 12 Faran St., Ramat Eshkol
Tel: 02-5889501, 02-5889555
Clinic Manager: Mr. Yoni Dachlika
Buses: 4, 4A, 8, 28, 45, 9, 26, 25
Please ask the secretaries for English- speaking doctors.
We at Harel-Yedidim are pleased to serve you.
Do not hesitate to call us:
Regular office hours
Office hours: Sunday – Thursday 08:00-15:30
After office hours 24/7 you can call :
Meytal Assor Tel: 052-2360037
Einat Cohen Tel: 054-5297775
Emergency Services and Services After Clinic Hours
At night, from 7 PM to 6 AM the next morning:
If you feel unwell at night you may do one of the following:
1. Contact the “Bikur Rofe” Call Center 1800-260-660 and request a house call. A doctor will come to see you within 3 hours.
2. Consultation With a doctor: You can also ask the Bikur Rofe service representative to consult with the doctor:1800-260-660. If the doctor will find that it is an emergency he will refer you to the closest emergency room and fax there the referral to the ER. Consultation with a Bikur Rofe doctor is free of charge.
3. Call *2700 .Press “4” for the English operator , then press “5”
and wait for consultation with a nurse on duty. If it is necessary to refer you to the emergency room for urgent treatment, the nurse will send a letter of referral directly to the emergency room to which you are referred. That way, Clalit will cover the cost of the visit to the emergency room (according to the terms of the policy).
If you decide to go to the emergency room without a letter of referral, you will be charged for the emergency room service.
In other words, a visit to the emergency room is free of charge ONLY if you have received a letter of referral from a Clalit or Bikur Rofe physician, or when one of the following criteria is met:
1. An injury that requires stitches
2. Aspiration of a foreign body into the windpipe
3. Any new fracture
4. Serious dislocation or the shoulder or a joint
5. Penetration of a foreign body into the eye
6. A snake bite
7. Hospitalization more than 24 hours
TEREM Immediate Care: 24/7 Service
Treatment is provided with a 45 shekels co-pay (non refundable) on weekends between 1 PM Friday and 6 AM Sunday.
For any treatment provided on weekdays, you will be charged 85 shekels, which will not be reimbursed.
TEREM Clinics in Jerusalem:
(1) 15 Sarei israel St.,. Tel: 1-599-520-520. Operates 24/7.
(2) 158 Moshe Dayan St. Pisgat- Zeev Tel: 1599-520-520. Opening Hours: Sunday-Thursday 4PM-11:30PM. Friday, Saturday 10AM-11:30PM. Tel: 1599-520-520.
(3) 6 Yenovski St. (Hatayelet) (the corner of Derekh Hevron), Talpiot. Tel: 1-599-520-520. Operates 7 days a week from 9 AM to 11:30 PM.
– 5 –
CLALIT Night Clinics
In order to receive medical services at these night clinics, you must represent your magnetic card. There is no co-pay.
- Pisgat Ze’ev Night Clinic
Address: Hashisa Asar St. Pisgat Ze’ev. Tel: 02-5843666
Buses: 25, 8, 22, 46, 49
- Ramot Night Clinic
Address: 1 Lui Lipski St. Ramot Alef. Tel: 02-5481777
Buses: 16, 34, 35
- Kiryat Hayovel Night Clinic
Address: 63 Borochov St. Kiryat Hayovel. Tel: 02-6440777
Buses: 62, 24, 18, 19
As you know, most of the prescription medications that are included in the health service basket are provided free of charge at the pharmacies located in Clalit clinics. If the Clalit clinics are closed, you can obtain these medications in any of the following private pharmacies, where co-pay will be charged for every medication.
14 Malh’e Israel St.
83 Me’a Shearim St.
2 Bar-Ilan St.
Super-Pharm Pisgat Zeev
Super-Pharm Malha Mall
Malha Mall – Kalanit gate
Sunday 9AM-12 midnight
Monday 9AM-12 midnight
Tuesday 9AM-12 midnight
Wednesday 9AM-12 midnight
Thursday 9AM-12 midnight
Saturday 8PM-12 midnight
Center-Pharm Hapaamon Center
3 King George St.
Sunday 9AM -8PM
Monday 9AM -8PM
Tuesday 9AM -8PM
Wednesday 9AM -8PM
Thursday 9AM -8PM
36 Hazon Eesh St.
Monday 8AM -2PM
Friday 8AM-12 Noon
16 Shamgar St.
18 Yad-Harutsim St.