- All fees are in US Dollars (US$) unless otherwise noted and are in effect for the Summer 2024 programs.
- Application Fee (non-refundable): $120.
- Late Fee: $150 for payments received after the program payment deadline listed below.
- Students who enroll in more than one Summer Course ( July 1-25, 2024) receive a 10% discount on their overall course tuition. The discount does not apply to Language Courses, Archeological Field Schools, and Special Programs.
- Students who are studying in more than one summer program and are living in University housing will be charged an additional housing fee for the days between the programs.
- The Hebrew University reserves the right to cancel any course for which there is insufficient registration.
- Students may change their selection of summer course(s) from the July Session up until five days before the July Session begins. Should there be a difference in price, the students will be charged or issued a refund accordingly.
Summer Courses and Special Programs
|Summer / Special Program||Tuition||Housing||Payment Deadline|
|Colloquial Arabic for beginners: Immersive program||US$ 2,855||US$1,020||May 17, 2024|
|Biblical Hebrew||US$ 2,810||US$ 1,020||May 17, 2024|
|Summer Courses||*||US$ 850||June 1st, 2024|
|Trauma and Resilience|
|Core Course||US$ 1,950||US$ 450||May 27, 2024|
|Third-Week Specialty Course||US$ 500**||US$ 210***||May 27, 2024|
|Third-Week Specialty Course Optional Academic Credit||US$ 240||N/R||After completion of third week & prior to credit receipt|
|The Riddle of Jerusalem: Uncovering the Mysteries of the Holy City||US$ 2,200||US$ 450||June 27, 2024|
|Archaeology Field Schools||US$ 120 per course credit|
The Hebrew University reserves the right to cancel any course for which there is insufficient registration.
If you don’t see your program listed above, please check your specific program page for costs:
|Replacement student card||NIS 60|
|Hard copy of transcripts (beyond first five)*||US$ 15|
|Request a certified e-transcript (one-time fee)||US$ 10|
|Email an e-transcript to any specified address (per copy)||US$ 15|
Students are eligible to receive 5 free copies of their transcripts for up to six months from the end of the program. Students who order five or more transcripts on the same request form are charged US$15 per transcript for the first four copies ordered and then US$5 for each additional transcript on the same order. Thus, for example, 5 transcripts would cost US$65 and 10 transcripts US$90.
For more information and to order additional transcripts please see the transcript page on our website.
Official withdrawal from the program for any reason is contingent upon submission of a completed Notice of Withdrawal that has been approved and signed by your department.
Refunds will only be granted to students who follow the official withdrawal procedures.
After the sixth day of classes, no tuition refunds will be granted.
|Date of Withdrawal||Charged|
|Prior to the beginning of program||US$ 250|
|During the first three days of classes||25% of tuition fee|
|Between the fourth and the sixth day of classes||50% of tuition fee|
|After the sixth day of class||100% of tuition fee|
*Please note that the above refunds are only applicable for tuition fees paid to the Rothberg International School. For joint programs offered by RIS in collaboration with other institutions, e.g. Coexistence, InnovNation, and Trauma and Resilience, please contact the Division of Summer Courses and Special Programs for further information on receiving refunds from partner institutions.
Only if you withdraw from the program and vacate university housing within the first three days of classes are you eligible to receive a refund for your housing fees minus $750.
If you have accepted a room key and now wish to vacate university housing, you must submit written notification to the Rothberg International School Housing coordinator Office, Boyar Building, room 503.
If you wish to withdraw during the first three days of classes:
You must present an official clearance from the Housing Office confirming your departure.
Refunds are issued minus the payment for the days you possessed a key for a room in the student dormitories. ($30 per day of occupancy).
If you do not withdraw from the program, or return your dormitory key, within the first three days of classes, you will not be eligible to receive a housing refund.
Registration and Housing Check-Out Dates
|Program||Registration Date||Housing Check-out Date|
|Biblical Hebrew||June 17, 2024||July 18, 2024|
|Colloquial Arabic for beginners: Immersive|
|June 17, 2024||July 18, 2024|
|Trauma and Resilience|
|Core course||June 27, 2024||July 11, 2024|
|Third week*||June 27, 2024||July 18, 2024|
|Summer Courses – July session||July 01, 2024||July 25, 2024|
|Summer Courses – August session||July 29, 2024||August 12, 2024|
* Housing is only available to students who continue from the core course
- Refunds may take up to 30 days to process.
- Under no circumstances will a refund be issued to a student who did not provide the relevant office with a written notice of withdrawal from the program or intention to vacate student housing.
- Refunds are issued in Israeli currency (NIS) according to the rate of exchange. A student who requests a refund in any other currency will be charged a 0.7 percent bank fee. The refund may also be deposited directly into a local or international bank account if banking details are provided.
Hebrew University Quick Facts
We offer courses and programs in a variety of fields, with a focus on social and political sciences, Israel and the Middle East, languages, religion, fine and performing arts, business and legal studies, and STEM.
The Real Jerusalem
Live on-campus with international and Israeli students – including a staff of Israeli students who help you navigate life in Jerusalem. This vibrant city will be your second classroom, full of trips and tours.
Apply online to begin your adventure in Jerusalem at the highest-ranked university in Israel.
Visit us! @hebrew.uni.intl