COURSE OF STUDY
The Masters in Nonprofit Management and Leadership consists of 42 credits over three consecutive semesters (autumn, spring and summer), including required courses and electives. Students are expected to conclude all courses for credit and will receive a grade based on either an exam or written paper.
Students participate in class two days a week. In addition, students will intern 8 hours a week over the course of the program.
2012-2013 Course list sample:
· Strategic Planning and Evaluation
· Leadership and Social Responsibility
· Organization Theory for Non-Profits
· Third Sector and Civil Society in Israel and Internationally
· Organizational Change
· NGO Finances
· Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
· Leadership Development in Organizations
· Community Councils in Jerusalem (Field Trips)
· Social Business and the Fourth Sector
· Fund Raising
The summer semester will take place from July 12, 2015 until August 27, 2015. Summer session is an intensive period of study offering one required course and electives courses offered four days a week.
Qualified candidates with a bachelor's degree from accredited institutions of higher education are eligible for admission to the Masters in Nonprofit Management. Admission is competitive and is based on transcripts and letters of recommendation.
Candidates must have:
- at least a 3.2 (B) grade-point average
- a B.A. in Social Sciences or another related discipline (e.g. Social Work)
Knowledge of English
Candidates who did not previously study at an educational institution where the language of instruction was English must submit official TOEFL scores or IELTS. The minimum TOEFL score required is 573 on the paper-based test, 230 on the computer-based test or 89 on the Internet-based test. The minimum IELTS score required is 7. Only applicants who have completed a full course of study at an institution where the language of instruction is English, or who completed a degree program in English Language and/or Literature are, are exempt from submitting the TOEFL or IELTS.