- Earn credit in engineering, manufacturing, marketing, management, immunology, diagnostics, Hebrew, and more.
- Visit Israel’s leading high-tech companies through the Study in Advanced Industry program.
- Take on real-world engineering challenges and make valuable professional contacts.
- Enjoy the fascinating and vibrant culture of Israel with study tours, extracurricular activities, and an introductory course on Israeli society.
- Study at two highly ranked institutions: Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School (RIS) and ORT Braude College.
Jerusalem-Galilee Engineers is an innovative program offered by Hebrew University and ORT Braude College, designed for advanced undergraduate student engineers. As a participant, you’ll take accredited courses in engineering and complimentary academic subjects while getting to know Israel – a hub of innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship.
A two-week course at HebrewU will introduce you to the social and cultural history of the country. This will be complimented by a diverse series of stimulating academic field trips and extracurricular activities, allowing you to experience what you’ve learned first-hand. For the remainder of the program, you will take advanced engineering courses and complimentary coursework, working on projects related to leading Israeli companies, gaining exposure to real-world engineering challenges, and making valuable professional contacts.
You’ll begin the course with a two-week mini-semester in Jerusalem at Hebrew University’s RIS, where you will take an introductory course in Israeli society, with study tours in Jerusalem and beyond. Then you’ll continue on to Karmiel to study at ORT Braude College, located in the Galilee area of Israel. Here, you will take engineering and related courses for 14 weeks, followed by a 2-week examination period.
- Hands-on experience in labs
- Practical projects and assignments
- Use of tools for analysis and decision-making methodologies to optimize production lines
- Overview of leading industries in Israel with field trips to relevant plants
Example ORT Braude Courses
- Manufacturing Processes
- Industrial Automation
- Transport Phenomena Laboratory
- Strength and Materials Laboratory
- Introduction to Marketing
- Human Resource Management
- Sustainable Futures
- Basic Hebrew
Hebrew University’s RIS
During your two weeks on campus at RIS, you’ll be invited to participate in a wide array of trips, tours, and activities offered by the Office of Student Life. From a tour of the Old City to a trip to the Dead Sea to checking out the local festivals, you’ll build your own unique impressions and memories of Jerusalem and Israel.
While residing in HebrewU dormitories with other international and Israeli students, you’ll have a chance to form new friendships and get involved in campus life. A team of multilingual Israeli students, called madrichim, is also there to help you adjust to your new surroundings and give you tips on things to do. Learn more about student life at HebrewU and at ORT Braude.
Apply by: December 15, 2021
Arrive on campus: February 6, 2022
Program length: Approximately 17 weeks
Locations: Jerusalem: February 6 – February 21, 2022 at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem; February 21 – July 21, 2022 at ORT Braude College in the Galilee.
|Rothberg International School Mini-semester||US$ 1,887||US$ |
|Braude College Spring Semester||US$
|Total (including housing and health insurance)||US$ 6,697|
The US$ 80 application fee is not included in the above-mentioned total.
A limited number of scholarships based on demonstrated need or merit are available.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.
Language of Instruction:
February 6 – July 21, 2022
Engineering students in the third or fourth year of study
December 15, 2021
Application fee: US$ 80
US$ 6,697 (housing and health insurance included)
Relevant Academic Fields:
Engineering, management, manufacturing