The Asper International Program on Israeli Law and Society (Mishpatim)(48872)
Seminar Paper (48840)
Language of Instruction:
Introduction to Israeli Law & Society
Academic hours: 60
May 4-25, 2020
University of Manitoba’s Robson Hall law students, Asper School of Business students, and law students across Canada; students from additional countries are welcome.
Please note that due to overwhelming demand, space is limited.
Introduction to Law & Society
Application fee: US $80
Tuition: US $2,270
Housing: US $660
Fee: US $120
Application Open: October 1, 2019
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020
Relevant Academic Fields:
Law, human rights, sociology, public administration, international relations
- Gain an understanding of the basic concepts and institutional framework of Israeli law, government, and economy.
- Draw connections between the Canadian experience and the Israeli one.
- Review topics like business law, immigrant and refugee law, human rights law, and international trade law.
- Experience the vibrant culture of a historic, high-tech city with visits to significant sites throughout Jerusalem and Israel.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. To apply, please note the following:
- Contact Ms. Destiny Weimar to fill out a waiver form.
- Students who fail to complete a waiver form prior to applying will not be guaranteed a spot.
- To apply for the Asper Mishpatim program, please select “Special Programs” and the academic year “2019-2020” and then “Asper International Program on Israeli Law and Society (Mishpatim)” on the online application.
- To be able to write the optional seminar paper, you are required to apply for it online. Only students who are accepted to and attend the program are permitted to submit the seminar paper.
- To apply for the optional seminar paper, make sure you select both “Asper International Program on Israeli Law and Society (Mishpatim)” and “Seminar Paper (Asper Program Mishpatim)” on the online application under “Special Programs” and the academic year “2019-2020.”
- Scroll down the online application page to the section “Supplementary Application Materials” for more information on documents that you are required to submit with your application.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
For administrative matters
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Canadian Student Affairs Consultant
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.