The Rothberg International School at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem congratulates the following teachers who were recognized as Outstanding Teachers according to the Teacher Evaluation Survey for the Academic Year 2016-2017.
Division of Hebrew Language Instruction
Ms. Orly Ben Ami Oron
Ms. Michal Gottlieb
Ms. Sarah Israeli
Mr. Doron Magen
Ms. Tamar Perles
Mr. Fabio Redak
Ms. Shelley Shloush-Vandenbroucke
Ms. Dana Spektor
Ms. Michal Wilder
Ms. Ateret Yarden
Division of Graduate Studies
Dr. Doron Ben Ami
Dr. Simha Epstein
Dr. Alexandra Mischler-Herfroy
Dr. Arik Sadan
Prof. Moshe Sharon
Dr. Ursula Wokoeck
Ms. Anna Heiman
Fun Facts about Jerusalem
- 874,000 residents
- 2,000+ active archaeological sites
- 50+ churches, 33 mosques, and 300 synagogues
- 60+ museums
- 1,500+ public parks and gardens
- Some of the olive trees in Jerusalem are more than 800 years old.
- There are more than 26 wineries in and around Jerusalem.
- There are more than 50 Christian churches, 33 Muslim mosques, and 300 Jewish synagogues in the city.
- Jerusalem hosts more than 30 annual festivals for everything from opera to film and from books to wine tasting, the most in all of Israel.
- Jerusalem hosts Israel’s second-largest Pride parade, which draws more than 25,000 marchers.
- Jerusalem has over 2,000 archeological sites.
- There are 90 hotels in Jerusalem hosting over 9,000 hotel rooms.
- There are over 6,000 species of plants in the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens.
- Jerusalem has 1,578 public gardens and parks