Coexistence in the Middle East: Summer & Winter Program
Program director: Mr. Javier Gelbwaser
Language of Instruction:
English; Program can be arranged in Spanish for an organized group
- Summer: 135
July session: June 27 – July 20, 2022
Check-out: July 21, 2022
August session: July 27 – August 10, 2022
Check-out: August 11, 2022
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
May 1, 2022
Health insurance through Rothberg is mandatory for the in-person program.
- Application Fee: US$ 120
- Tuition (in-person):
US$ 1,810 (1 course)
US$ 3,190 (2 courses)
US$ 4,582 (3 courses)
- Tuition (online):
US$ 1,267 (1 course)
US$ 2,237 (2 courses)
US$ 3,207 (3 courses)
July session (June 27 – July 21, 2022): US$ 850
August session (July 27 – August 11, 2022): US$ 480*Depending on availability
Relevant Academic Fields:
Sociology, cultural studies, journalism, history, international relations, religious studies
Online or In-Person Course
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, in addition to the IN-PERSON program, we are also offering an ONLINE version of our summer courses (with a 30% discount on tuition fees)that includes talks, presentations, and discussions with experts, activists, and representatives from different religious, political, cultural and national identities who regularly receive our groups.
For more information: Program website: Study Abroad Program in Israel Summer & Winter 2022 “Coexistence in the Middle East”
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of people, narratives and perspectives in Jerusalem and the surrounding area.
- Develop deeper insight into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through exploring contrasting narratives.
- Examine the challenges and opportunities presented by the Arab Spring.
- Explore the contradictory roles that religion plays as both obstacle and facilitator to peace in the Holy Land.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. To enroll in the full Coexistence in the Middle East Summer Session Program (all three courses) or in the Winter Session:
- On the online application, click on Special Programs.
- Select the session of your choice.
- To enroll in only one or two of the courses for this summer session program, select the courses of your interest from the list of “Summer Courses” in the online application. Learn more about the application guidelines.
- Please see here for more information about visas.
- You may switch from a summer course to this program up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the summer course / program.
- A 10% discount on the tuition fee for one of the summer Coexistence program courses is offered by IBH to students who complete their application by February 14, 2022, and who complete payment by March 14, 2022. Students who apply for more than one course of the Coexistence program will receive the 10% discount on one of the courses only.
- A limited number of housing spots at Student Village is available. Requests for housing at the Student Village should be communicated to the IBH staff only after being accepted to the program.
Look here for the Summer Courses schedule:
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.
Rothberg International - CME