Religion in the Holy Land
Dr. Daniel Roth
Language of Instruction:
Academic hours: 45
August 2-13, 2020
Check-out from housing: August 13, 2020
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
June 1, 2020
Application fee: US$ 80
Tuition: US$ 1,770
Housing: US$ 360
Relevant Academic Fields:
Religious studies, sociology, international relations, conflict resolution
- Gain insight into the contradictory role of religion as both an obstacle to peace and a resource for peacemaking.
- Examine how religion is a force for both war and peace in the continuing Israeli-Palestinian conflict, ISIS, the Syrian civil war, and the refugee crisis.
- Investigate religion and conflict as regional and global issues.
- Explore options and approaches for religious peacebuilding.
- Travel to key places and speak with regional players.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. You can choose to take this course in conjunction with either one or both of the other courses in the Coexistence in the Middle East program:
- Narratives & Realities: Inside the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Israel & the Post-Arab Spring: An Interactive View of the New Middle East
Taken together, these courses offer a more complete and valuable experience. To apply to the program, please select any or all of the courses from the list of “Summer Courses” in the online application. See our application guidelines.
Please see here for more information about visas.
** Please note that you may switch from a summer course to this program up to two weeks prior to the beginning of the summer course / program.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.
Rothberg International - CME