Field School Director: Dr. Katia Cytryn-Silverman
Language of Instruction:
Winter: 1-4 (1 credit per week)
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Academic credit (optional): US$ 120 per academic credit
Participation & housing fee: See dig Facebook Page
Relevant Academic Fields:
Archaeology, ancient history, antiquities
- Help uncover more about Tiberias, the city founded in 19 CE by King Herod Antipas, the son of Herod the Great.
- Work just across the street from the beautiful Sea of Galilee.
- Develop a basic understanding of the tools and methods of field archaeology.
- Tour nearby sites of archaeological and historical interest.
- Gain hands-on experience in the field.
+ Student Life
You can choose to participate in the excavation for the field experience only, or you can decide to also earn credit from Hebrew University during your participation (and transfer the credits to your home institution). The application process differs according to your choice.
You’ll apply directly to the Tiberias field school. Please see the Tiberias excavation website for details on how to apply.
Participation & Academic Credit
In order to apply to earn academic credit for your participation in the archaeological field school, you’ll complete a three-step process:
- Apply directly to the Tiberias field school. Please see the Tiberias Facebook page for details on how to apply.
- Attend the excavation and fulfill the academic requirements as determined by the director of your archaeological field school.
- Once you have finished the field school and submitted a research paper, submit an application to HebrewU’s Rothberg International School (RIS) and pay the US$ 80 application fee and the US$ 120 per credit tuition fee.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about the Tiberias dig, and you can learn more about the program at the Institute of Archaeology Website.
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.