Language of Instruction:
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Academic credit (optional): US$ 120 per credit
Participation & housing fee: See dig website
Relevant Academic Fields:
Archaeology, ancient history, antiquities
- Participate in an excavation that has the potential to help shape fundamental debates in archaeology relative to the Biblical narrative.
- Develop a basic understanding of the tools and methods of field archaeology.
- Tour nearby sites of archaeological and historical interest.
- Gain hands-on experience in the field.
+ Student Life
You can choose to participate in the excavation for the field experience only, or you can decide to also earn credit from HebrewU during your participation (and transfer the credits to your home institution). The application process differs according to your choice.
You’ll apply directly to the Tel Lachish field school. Please see the Tel Lachish excavation website for details on how to apply.
Participation & Academic Credit
In order to apply to earn academic credit for your participation in the archaeological field school, you’ll complete a three-step process:
- Apply directly to the Tel Lachish field school. Please see the Tel Lachish excavation website for details on how to apply.
- Attend the excavation and fulfill the academic requirements as determined by the director of your archaeological field school.
- Once you have finished the field school and submitted a research paper, submit an application to HebrewU’s RIS and pay the US$ 80 application fee and the US$ 120 per credit tuition fee.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about Tel Lachish.
Prof. Yosef Garfinkel
Institute of Archaeology
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
91905 Jerusalem, Israel
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.