Prof. (emerita) Rachel Milstein, the department of Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies The Hebrew University, Jerusalem.
Studies of Islamic Civilization and Art History at the Hebrew University.
Specialization in Islamic art (especially painting); Islamic numismatics.
“Religious Painting of the Wailing Derwishes : ‘Tarjome-i Thewaqib’ Pierpont-Morgan Library, Ms. M466.” Thesis Submitted for the degree Doctor of Philosophy at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, November 1979. The thesis was written under the supervision of Prof. Myriam Rosen-Ayalon, and was awarded summa cum laude in 1980. It has not been published.
- Rachel Milstein Islamic Painting in the Israel Museum. (1984) 220 pages. The Israel Museum, Jerusalem.
- Rachel Milstein. Miniature Painting in Ottoman Baghdad. (1990) 132 pages + plates, Mazda Publishers, Costa Mesa.
- Rachel Milstein, K. Rührdanz and B. Schmitz, Stories of the Prophets – an Illustrated Group of Qisas al-Anbiya . (1999), 248 pages + illustrations, Mazda Publishers, Costa Mesa.
- Rachel Milstein La Bible dans l’art islamique. (2005) 155 pp. + illustrations, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris.
- (In preparation) Rachel Milstein. Poetics of Space: Perspectives in Arab and Persian Painting.