After 44 years devoted to teaching the thousands of international students who have attended Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School, Dr. Meron Medzini is retiring.
His dedication has been so longstanding that many recent international students were encouraged to take his courses by their parents, who also respect him as an educator and have fond memories of the stories he would tell about his personal connections to important figures in the founding of the State of Israel.
In celebration of so many years dedicated to HebrewU and Rothberg International School, we would love for you, his former students, to send in any story or greeting you may have relevant to Dr. Medzini and your time spent studying with him.
Fun Facts about Jerusalem
- 874,000 residents
- 2,000+ active archaeological sites
- 50+ churches, 33 mosques, and 300 synagogues
- 60+ museums
- 1,500+ public parks and gardens
- Some of the olive trees in Jerusalem are more than 800 years old.
- There are more than 26 wineries in and around Jerusalem.
- There are more than 50 Christian churches, 33 Muslim mosques, and 300 Jewish synagogues in the city.
- Jerusalem hosts more than 30 annual festivals for everything from opera to film and from books to wine tasting, the most in all of Israel.
- Jerusalem hosts Israel’s second-largest Pride parade, which draws more than 25,000 marchers.
- Jerusalem has over 2,000 archeological sites.
- There are 90 hotels in Jerusalem hosting over 9,000 hotel rooms.
- There are over 6,000 species of plants in the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens.
- Jerusalem has 1,578 public gardens and parks
- RIS Outstanding Teachers 2017-2018 January 13, 2019
- Final Days in Jerusalem January 10, 2019
- Hanukkah: Follow Your Dreams, Share Your Light December 20, 2018
- Peace Does Not Mean an Absence of (The Israeli-Palestinian) Conflict December 13, 2018
- Weekend Adventures in Jerusalem December 5, 2018