Biblical Tel Hazor
Field school director: Prof. Amnon Ben-Tor
Dig Coordinator: Dr. Shlomit Bechar
Language of Instruction:
3 (three weeks)
6 (six weeks)
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Academic credit (optional): US$ 120 per credit
Participation & housing fee: See dig website
Relevant Academic Fields:
Archaeology, ancient history, antiquities
- Contribute to an excavation project that was first begun in the 1950s.
- Learn from an informative series of lectures on field archaeology and interpreting finds.
- Gain experience in all types of archaeological fieldwork.
- Take advantage of opportunities for local tours and sightseeing.
- Earn academic credit while gaining hands-on experience.
You can choose to participate in the excavation for the field experience only, or you can decide to also earn credit from Hebrew University during your participation (and transfer the credits to your home institution). The application process differs according to your choice.
You’ll apply directly to the Tel Hazor field school. Please see the Tel Hazor excavation website for details on how to apply (listed under the “season information” for the upcoming year).
Participation & Academic Credit
In order to apply to earn academic credit for your participation in the archaeological field school, you’ll complete a three-step process:
- Apply directly to the Tel Hazor field school. Please see the Tel Hazor excavation website for details on how to apply (listed under the “season information” for the upcoming year).
- Attend the excavation and fulfill the academic requirements as determined by the director of your archaeological field school.
- Once you have finished the field school and submitted a research paper, submit an application to HebrewU’s Rothberg International School (RIS) and pay the US$ 80 application fee and the US$ 120 per credit tuition fee.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have.
Questions about Tel Hazor
For questions about applying directly to the field school – or any questions about the program – please contact Ms. Shlomit Bechar.
Questions about Academic Credit
For questions about applying for academic credit through HebrewU’s RIS, please contact the Office of Summer Courses and Special Programs.
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.