In Level Gimel, you’ll transition from easy to regular Hebrew. Level Gimel is particularly significant, as you cannot be admitted to regular studies at Hebrew University until you complete it.
- Comprehension: Listening to the news, recorded radio programs, and lectures in easy Hebrew
- Conversation: Conversations, discussions, and short lectures based on the passages read and heard; informal meetings with Israelis, reported on afterwards in class
- Reading: First encounter with unadapted texts, gradual transition from the easy Hebrew press to simple bulletins and articles in regular Hebrew; extensive reading of books in easy Hebrew
- Writing: Beginning of practical writing on topics discussed in class; writing about personal experiences; writing of structured compositions
- Grammatical skills: Completion of syntactic study of main structures; study of the weak verb