Our administrative offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the registration days designated for your program. If you arrive after 2:00 p.m., you won’t be able to register until the following day.
Timing Your Flight
If your flight arrives at Ben Gurion International Airport any later than noon, you may not make it to campus by 2:00 p.m., and you may need to arrange alternate accommodations for the night. If you require housing, you must contact the Finance Office at least a week in advance to inquire if you can enter your room upon arrival. The Housing Offices are closed on Friday and Saturday and cannot provide accommodations for students arriving on these days. They reopen on Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m.
Of course, delays can happen, especially during international travel. If you arrive at the airport later than planned and you can’t reach registration in time, you can stay at a hostel until the following morning. We’ve assembled a few tips and resources below.
Finding a Hostel
After you retrieve your baggage at the airport, we recommend you call ahead to a few hostels in Jerusalem to ask about vacancies. If you know where you’re headed before traveling to the city, you can avoid excessive taxi fees and the hassle of lugging your baggage around town. The Jerusalem hostels listed below offer rates in a relatively modest price range. When you speak on the phone, be sure to confirm the nightly rate and the name of the person with whom you’re speaking. Don’t worry about asking for directions. Any taxi driver from Jerusalem will be familiar with the location of these hostels. You can provide your driver with the addresses listed below.
- Abraham Hostel: 67 Ha’nevi’im St., JerusalemBook directly through the website, phone, or email for a 10 percent discount on the price of your reservation. Just mention HebrewU’s Rothberg International School when making the booking, and you’ll receive the discount with your confirmation.
Tel.: +972 2 650 2200
- Rabin Youth Hostel: Nachman Avigad 1; Tel.: +927 2 678 0101
- Jerusalem Hostel: Jaffa 44; Tel.: +927 2 623 6102
- Agron Hostel: Keren Hayesod 1; Tel.: +927 2 621 7555
- Palm Hostel: Hanevi’im 6; Tel.: +927 2 627 3189
- Beit Ben-Yehuda: Ein Gedi 28; Tel.: +927 2 673 0124
- Bait Va’gan Guest House: Ha’pisga 8; Tel.: +927 2 642 0990
- Gesher Hostel: King David 10; Tel.: +927 2 622 8000
Getting to Campus
Our administrative offices open for registration at 8:00 a.m. You might find it easiest to take a taxi, especially if you have a lot of luggage. Or you can ask the reception desk at your hostel which Egged bus line you should take. HebrewU’s Rothberg International School is located in the Boyar Building on the Mount Scopus Campus.
- If you arrive by taxi, you should instruct the driver to enter the campus via the Bezalel Gate.
- If you arrive by bus, you will enter the university through an underground tunnel. You can ask the nearest security guard for directions to the Boyar Building (about a 10-minute walk).
Welcome to Israel. We look forward to meeting you soon!