Wang Shi, an entrepreneur and the Founder and Chairman of China Vanke, the largest real estate enterprise in China and the largest residential real estate developer in the world visited Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School on June 10, 2018. He arrived with a delegation of 12 Chinese businessmen and women. They came to learn about Hebrew University’s programs and courses. Chairman Wang Shi plans to join the Rothberg International School as a student in fall 2018 to study Hebrew as well as Israel and Bible Studies. We look forward to welcoming him here in the fall.
Fun Facts about Jerusalem
- 874,000 residents
- 2,000+ active archaeological sites
- 50+ churches, 33 mosques, and 300 synagogues
- 60+ museums
- 1,500+ public parks and gardens
- Some of the olive trees in Jerusalem are more than 800 years old.
- There are more than 26 wineries in and around Jerusalem.
- There are more than 50 Christian churches, 33 Muslim mosques, and 300 Jewish synagogues in the city.
- Jerusalem hosts more than 30 annual festivals for everything from opera to film and from books to wine tasting, the most in all of Israel.
- Jerusalem hosts Israel’s second-largest Pride parade, which draws more than 25,000 marchers.
- Jerusalem has over 2,000 archeological sites.
- There are 90 hotels in Jerusalem hosting over 9,000 hotel rooms.
- There are over 6,000 species of plants in the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens.
- Jerusalem has 1,578 public gardens and parks