Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced
Language of Instruction:
Academic hours: 150
June 15-July 27, 2021
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background.
Background in Arabic:
- Elementary: None required
- Intermediate: One year of previous study in Arabic
- Advanced: Two years of previous study in Arabic
May 2, 2021
For any of the levels:
Application fee: US$ 80
Course Tuition: US$ 2,700
Housing: US$ 1,220
Relevant Academic Fields:
Middle East studies, Arabic
- Learn a combination of Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Arabic (CA).
- Spend a couple of days at an Arab village and experience life with a local native Arab community for a real immersive and cultural experience.
- Visit sites of historical, religious and cultural significance to become more familiar with Middle Eastern culture.
- Practice Arabic with native Arabic speaking students from the Hebrew University in weekly coffeehouses.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. See our application guidelines to learn more. Apply online now!
- The Division of Summer Courses and Special Programs reserves the right to cancel a level for which there is an insufficient number of applicants.
- This program cannot be combined with a summer course from the July Session due to its intensive nature but may be combined with a course from the August Session. View the August Session courses here.
- See here for more information about visas.
- Students who complete their application to this program by February 15, 2021, and who also complete payment by March 15, 2021, will be eligible for a 10% early bird discount on the program tuition.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
For questions about the curriculum
Email Mr. Ofer Efrati
For questions about admission or other practical matters
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.