The Emergence of the Modern State of Israel (SPIS201/48775)
Language of Instruction:
Academic hours: 60
July 1-25, 2019
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Extended to June 1, 2019
Tuition: US$ 1,810
Housing: US$ 840
Relevant Academic Fields:
History, politics, sociology
- Examine the context underlying the Zionist idea and movement.
- Study the history that led to the formation of the Jewish state.
- Understand the conflicts and tensions that have shaped modern Israel – and what might be done to ease them.
- Learn through real-life experiences, including site visits and more.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
We’re pleased you’re applying to join us in Jerusalem. See our application guidelines or apply online now.
Applicants who require visa assistance from the Hebrew University are requested to apply no later than March 14, 2019, and to notify the Office that they require assistance. Applicants who require such assistance and apply after this date are not guaranteed to complete the visa application process in time for the program. For more information, please see here.
* Please note that you may switch between summer courses up to five days prior to the beginning of the summer courses.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.