The Body in Jewish Thought (SPJT205/48892)
Language of Instruction:
Academic hours: 45
July 1-25, 2019
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
Extended to June 1, 2019
Tuition: US$ 1,650
Housing: US$ 840
Relevant Academic Fields:
Religious studies, cultural studies, philosophy, Jewish Studies
- Understand how issues of the body lie at the heart of Jewish practice and belief.
- Visit locations in Jerusalem and Israel that are sites of corporeal rituals.
- Examine body-related topics as they appear in scripture, Rabbinic texts, and medieval Kabbalah.
- Explore the idea of the body as a symbol and locus of meaning.
+ Student Life
+ Dates & Deadlines
+ Costs & Scholarships
Please see here for more information about visas.
* Please note that you may switch between summer courses up to five days prior to the beginning of the summer courses.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have – or to chat for a bit to help you choose the right course or program.
Call us: +972 2 588 2602
Find More Summer Courses
Please note that HebrewU reserves the right to cancel courses for which there is insufficient registration.