RIS reserves the right to change fees at any time.
We’ve outlined the details of your tuition and fees below. Note that your program will begin with a Hebrew-language ulpan before the start of the semester.
Students taking more than one program (i.e., Summer Ulpan and Autumn Semester) are required to meet all their financial obligations by the deadline of the first program they will attend.
All fees are listed in US Dollars (US$), unless otherwise noted.
- Application Fee (non-refundable): $120 – per academic year.
- A non-refundable down payment of $250 paid up to two weeks after the receiving the billing letter.
|Program||Application Fee (Non-Refundable)||Pre-semester Program||Pre-semester Housing||Tuition||Housing||Total
|Study Abroad and Freshman Academic Gap Year Autumn Semester||$120||$1,700||$900||$8,450||$2,200||$12,470
|Study Abroad and Freshman Academic Gap Year Spring Semester||$120||$1,660||$580||$8,450||$2,380||$13,190
|Study Abroad and Freshman Academic Gap Year (Full Year)||$120||$1,700||$900||$13,350||$6,050||$22,120
- If you prefer a part-time program, you may take up to two courses per semester, including Modern Hebrew. One year-long course is equivalent to two semester courses.
- In addition to the administrative fee, there is an additional fee per course. See this page for details.
|Session||Administrative Fee*||Course Fee per Semester||Optional Activity Fee||Housing|
|Full Year||US$ 1,140||Undergraduate courses:|
US$ 400 per credit
1-Credit Internship: US$ 1000
|US $500 per semester||US$ $6,050|
|Autumn Semester||US$ 730||US$ 2,200|
|Spring Semester||US$ 750||US$ $2,380|
If you are taking a Hebrew Course, please look here for fees.
Modern Hebrew Courses for Part-time Students
|Semester Courses||Course Fee||Housing (based on availability only)||Payment Deadline|
|Hebrew Semester program – Autumn/Spring Levels Alef Beginners|
|US $2,980/$3,330||September 11, 2023/ January 18, 2024|
|Hebrew Semester program -Autumn/Spring Level Bet-Gimmel||US $2,600||US $2,980/$3,330||September 11, 2023/ January 18, 2024|
|Hebrew Semester program -Autumn/Spring Level Daled||US $1,850||US $2,980/$3,330||September 11, 2023/ January 18, 2024|
|Hebrew Semester program – Autumn/Spring Levels Heh-Vav||US $1,330||US $2,980/$3,330||September 11, 2023/ January 18, 2024|
|Hebrew Semester Practical Course – Autumn/Spring||US $950||US $2,980/$3,330||September 11, 2023/ January 18, 2024|
*Fees include health insurance.
The following fees apply for both full-time and part-time students.
|Replacement of student card||NIS 60|
|Hard copy of transcripts (beyond first 5)*||US$ 15|
|Request a certified e-transcript (one-time fee)||US$ 10|
|Email an e-transcript to any specified address (per copy)||US$ 15|
Students are eligible to receive 5 free copies of their transcripts for up to six months from the end of the program. Students who order five or more transcripts on the same transcript request form are charged US$15 per transcript for the first four copies ordered and then US$5 for each additional transcript on the same order. Thus, for example, 5 transcripts would cost US$65 and 10 transcripts US$90.
For more information and to order additional transcripts please see the transcript page on our website.
Extending Your Stay
Students who enroll in courses outside the Division of Undergraduate Studies, and hence continue residing in University housing after the official check-out date are charged an additional fee for extending their housing and their health insurance.
The withdrawal charges are as outlined below:
|Date of Withdrawal||Charged|
|Prior to the beginning of the program||US$ 250 (800 NIS)|
|During the first three days of the program||25% of tuition fee|
|Between the fourth and the sixth day of the program||50% of tuition fee|
|After the sixth day of the program||75% of tuition fee|
|After 3 weeks of the program||100% of tuition fee|
If you cancel your studies prior to the beginning of the academic year or semester, you will be charged a US$ 250 withdrawal fee and for any points you may have utilized for activities coordinated by the Office of Student Life.
Once the academic year begins, withdrawal from the program is contingent upon submission of a completed Notice of Withdrawal that has been approved and signed by your department.
- Dorm cancellations made more than two months prior to the start of their program will receive a full refund.
- The housing deposit will not be refunded to students who cancel their dorm reservations less than two months prior to the start of their program.
- Students who register for housing less than two months prior to the start of their program will not receive a refund of their housing deposit.
- Students who pay the housing fee less than one month prior to the beginning of the program and then cancel will be charged the housing deposit of $750.
- Students who vacate their room after the first three days of the Pre-Semester Program, are not issued a housing refund.
- Students who vacate their room between October 11, 2023 and the end of the autumn semester (January 4, 2024; February 7, 2024 for longer programs) are charged for the entire month in which they vacate their rooms plus one additional month of rent.
- Once the autumn semester ends, no refund is given for the balance of the academic year.
- Once winter pre-semester/spring semester students occupy a room, no refund is given.
If you change your enrollment from one year to one semester (or one semester to one year), you must notify your academic adviser and the Finance Office (Boyar Building, Room 501/502) in writing. The fees are outlined here:
One Year to One Semester
|January 1, 2024||March 9, 2024||From March 10, 2024|
|Study Abroad & Gap Year||US$ 9,450||US$ 9,118||US$ 13,350|
|Special Interest||US$ 9,200||US$ 9,675||US$ 13,500|
|Jerusalem Sounds||US$ 9,000||US$ 9,740||US$ 14,800|
|Language and Internship||US$ 5,690||US$ 6,390||US$ 8,520|
One Semester to One Year
|January 1, 2024||US$ 13,350|
Special Interest ProgramsTech & innovation, STEMester
|January 1, 2024||US$ 13,900|
|January 22, 2024||US$ 14,000|
Jerusalem Academy Programs
|Notification By: January 22, 2024||Amount|
|Dance Jerusalem||US$ 14,000|
Hebrew University Quick Facts
We offer courses and programs in a variety of fields, with a focus on social and political sciences, Israel and the Middle East, languages, religion, fine and performing arts, business and legal studies, and STEM.
The Real Jerusalem
Live on-campus with international and Israeli students – including a staff of Israeli students who help you navigate life in Jerusalem. This vibrant city will be your second classroom, full of trips and tours.
Apply online to begin your adventure in Jerusalem at the highest-ranked university in Israel.
Visit us! @hebrew.uni.intl