June 23 – July 11, 2019
Undergraduate and graduate students; mature learners with an academic background
- Gain more insight into the time of King David from early tenth century BCE.
- Develop a basic understanding of the tools and methods of field archaeology.
- Tour nearby sites of archaeological and historical interest.
- Gain hands-on experience in the field.
+ Student Life
You can choose to participate in the excavation for the field experience only, or you can decide to earn credit from HebrewU during your participation (and transfer the credits to your home institution). The application process differs according to your choice.
Participation & Academic Credit
In order to apply to earn academic credit for your participation in the archaeological field school, you’ll complete a three-step process:
- Apply directly to the Khirbet al-Ra’i field school. Please see the dig website or contact the dig coordinatorsfor details on how to apply.
- Attend the excavation and fulfill the academic requirements as determined by the director of your archaeological field school.
- Once you have finished the field school and submitted a research paper, submit an applicationto HebrewU’s RIS and pay the US$ 80 application fee and US$ 120 per credit tuition fee.
We’re happy to answer any questions you might have about Khirbet al-Ra’i.
Prof. Yosef Garfinkel
Institute of Archaeology
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
91905 Jerusalem, Israel