The Winter Ulpan is an intensive Hebrew language course held before the opening of the spring semester. You’ll benefit from daily expert classroom instruction enhanced with field trips, cultural activities, and guest lectures. Please note that within this short ulpan, it is not possible to complete an entire level.
Why Take the Winter Ulpan?
Hebrew University is the largest academic institution in the world for the study of Hebrew.
- Get intensive daily classroom instruction from top native-speaking Hebrew instructors at one of the best universities in the world.
- Enrich your subject studies with the cultural insights that studying a language provides.
- Gain the confidence to really explore and get to know Israel.
- Learn Hebrew even if you’re not enrolled in a semester or year program.
Program dates: January 24 – February 19, 2018
Application deadline: December 24, 2017
Hours & credits: 100 Academic Hours; 5 Credits
Levels: Aleph to Dalet (beginner to lower-advanced); Levels Heh and Vav (advanced and upper-advanced) only open if enough students register
Tuition & Fees
Check the detailed pricing information.
Eligibility & Application
The Winter Ulpan is open to all students enrolled at HebrewU. It is compulsory for new spring semester undergraduate study-abroad students at the university’s Rothberg International School, (except for those enrolled in the Arabic Immersion Program, Exchange Program, or who placed into Levels Heh and Vav).
If you are an external student who meets one of the following relevant admission requirements, you may also apply for the Winter Ulpan:
- High school graduate who has successfully completed matriculation exams
- Accepted student at a recognized college or university
- Applicant who has successfully completed at least one year of study at an accredited institution of higher education
See more information on How to Apply.
Questions? Get in touch!
Are you a complete beginner? Learn the Hebrew alphabet on the web before you start your program. Use Internet Explorer (you may need to select the “compatibility view” setting) to access the online Hebrew Alphabet Learning Program.