Fast Facts: Biblical Hebrew Program
Language of Instruction:
English and Hebrew
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
One semester to one year, depending on level
Advanced: Autumn or summer
Check the academic calendar
Bachelor’s degree; proficiency in English
Beginner: Familiarity with the Hebrew alphabet
Intermediate: One year Biblical Hebrew or completion of beginner summer program
Advanced: Two years Biblical Hebrew
Autumn Semester or Full Year: May 15
Spring or Summer Semester: December 30
Late applications reviewed on a case-by-case basis
Why Biblical Hebrew?
- Receive language training at the best university in Israel.
- Study religious texts in Judaism and Christianity right in the holy city of Jerusalem.
- Engage with a complete range of Biblical texts, from Biblical prosaic text to late Biblical texts.
- Learn from the foremost scholars in the field.
- With three levels available, you’ll study in the appropriate level for you.
Biblical Hebrew courses are taken within the framework of a study abroad program for graduate students. For information on deadlines, costs, eligibility, application, and other practical matters, please visit our Study Abroad for Graduate Students page.
Questions about the Curriculum
Email Program Coordinator Prof. Steven Fassberg
Questions about Admission, Housing, and Other Practical Matters
Email the Division of Graduate Studies
Call us: +972 2 588 3184