RIS reserves the right to change fees at any time.
- Fees: All fees are listed in US Dollars (US$) unless otherwise noted, and are in effect only for the 2021-22 academic year
- Application fee (non-refundable; per academic year): Tourists: $80; Israeli citizens: NIS 360
- Late payment fee: $150 or NIS 500 for payments received after program payment deadline
- Israeli Citizens: To qualify for this fee, a student must present an Israeli Identity Card (Teudat Zehut)
External students pay tuition in full for one program at a time. Those who are registered for consecutive programs pay tuition for the second program once the first program has begun.
|Semester Courses||Administrative Fee*||Course Fee||Housing (based on availability only)||Payment deadline|
|Hebrew Semester program – Autumn/Spring Levels Alef-Gimmel||$1,070/$1,150*||$2,600||$2,830/$3,250||August 5, 2022/
December 31, 2022
|Hebrew Semester program – Autumn/Spring Level Daled||$1,070/$1,150*||$1,850||$2,830/$3,250||August 5, 2022/
December 31, 2022
|Hebrew Semester program – Autumn/Spring Levels Heh-Vav||$1,070/$1,150*||$1,330||$2,830/$3,250||August 5, 2022/
December 31, 2022
*Fees include health insurance.
|Replacement of student card||NIS 60|
|Visa Extension letter||US$ 15|
|Hard copy of transcripts (beyond first five)*||US$ 15|
|Request a certified e-transcript (one-time fee)||US$ 10|
|Email an e-transcript to any specified address (per copy)||US$ 15|
*Students are eligible to receive five free copies of their transcripts for up to six months from the end of the program. Students who order five or more transcripts on the same request form are charged $15 per transcript for the first four copies ordered and then $5 for each additional transcript on the same order. Thus, for example, 5 transcripts would cost $65 and 10 transcripts $90.*Fees include mandatory health insurance.
- Refunds take up to 30 days to process.
- Official withdrawal from the program is contingent upon submission of a completed Notice of Withdrawal that has been approved and signed by your department. Tuition refunds will be prorated according to how many days of classes have elapsed. After the sixth day of classes, no tuition refunds will be granted.
- Refunds are issued in Israeli currency (NIS) according to the rate of exchange. Students who request a refund in any other currency will be charged a 0.7% bank fee. The refund may also be directly deposited into a bank account, either local or abroad, if banking details are provided.
The withdrawal charges are as outlined below:
|Date of Withdrawal||Charged|
|Prior to the beginning of program||US$ 250|
|During the first three days of classes||25% of tuition fee|
|Between the fourth and the sixth day of classes||50% of tuition fee|
|After the sixth day of classes||100% of tuition fee|
Students who have accepted a room key and/or have moved personal possessions into a room and then wish to vacate University housing must submit written notification to the RIS Finance Office, Boyar Building, Rooms 501/502. Students who withdraw from the program and vacate University housing within the first three days of classes are issued a refund, provided they present an official clearance from the Housing Office confirming their departure. Refunds are issued minus the payment for the days the student resided in the housing ($30 per day of occupancy). Students who do not withdraw from the program or who vacate their rooms after the first three days of classes are not issued refunds.
Registration and Housing Check-Out Dates
|Program||Registration Date||Housing Check-Out Date|
|Academic Year||September 5, 2022||June 7, 2023|
|Autumn Semester||September 5, 2022||January 5, 2023|
|Spring Semester||January 31, 2023||June 7, 2023|