This section provides application information specific to the academic program and to the applicant's country of origin.
From January 1st accepting applications for all 2017-18 programs.
|Mechina Preparatory Year Application Deadlines|
|Mechina Preparatory Year - Guidelines|
- Applicants must send all documents as outlined on the application form. Those who do not possess all the necessary documents by the deadline are advised to submit an incomplete application with a letter listing the missing documents and when they will be submitted.
- Decisions will only be finalized after all required documents have been received.
- All correspondence will be sent to the "Permanent Mailing Address" as it appears on the application form. Candidates must notify the office of any change of address or personal information.
- Multiple copies of supplementary materials as noted below are needed as copies are sent to Israel.
- Application papers and supporting documents will not be returned or transferred to any other institutions.
|Mechina Preparatory Program Checklist and Forms|
- Application Fee: $80 - Tourists, 360 NIS ($95) Israeli Citizens
The non-refundable application fee may be paid by credit card (Mastercard, Isracard or VISA) during the online application process. Please note that there is a 1.9% convenience fee on all credit card payments.
It may also be paid in cash, traveler's check, or money order payable to The Hebrew University of Jerusalem . Personal checks are not accepted.
This fee may also be deposited or transferred to Bank Discount (#11), the Jerusalem Main branch (#50601), account number 139819. Swift/BIC Code: IDB LILITJLM , IBAN (NIS): IL250110600000002197776 , IBAN (US$): IL840110600000006197770, IBAN ( €): IL510110600000010197771. The transfer should include the student’s name and requested program. A copy of this transaction must be brought to ﬁnancial registration in Jerusalem.
Applicants from the United States and Canada should consult their local office regarding payment procedures.
For further information please see https://overseas.huji.ac.il/payment
To be submitted with the online application or separately:
- Passport-size photo uploaded to your online application
- Israeli Identity Card ( if applicable) photocopy or scan of inside page.
- Passport photocopy or scan of inside page.
- Personal Background Statement
To be submitted separately from the online application:
- Hebrew Placement Exam is designed to assess Hebrew proficiency, and is used to place students in the appropriate class according to their level. After the online application is submitted, the applicant will receive the student number and personal code necessary to take the exam.
Complete beginners are advised to use the Aleph-Bet Click courseware on our website, in order to study the Hebrew Alphabet, before commencing the course .
- Medical Certificate (downloaded during application process) completed and signed by the physician.
- Official Academic Records (transcripts, diplomas, etc.), either originals or notarized copies, must be sent directly from the relevant division/department/program. Faxes are not accepted for this purpose. Documents can be verified by bringing the original and a photocopy to the RIS office. If the name on the academic records differs from the name on the application form, please submit official documentation authenticating the name change. Candidates still in high school must submit a letter from their school testifying to their upcoming graduation date. Applicants to the Rothberg Academic Partnership program should submit a copy of their acceptance letter from the other program they will be attending.
- Letter of parental consent - submitted by candidates under 18 years of age.
The only evidence of acceptance to a Rothberg International School Division of Studies program is an official letter issued by one of these offices:
- Division of Studies at RIS
- Office of Academic Affairs of the Hebrew University, New York
Students who have been issued a conditional acceptance letter will only be permitted to complete financial registration and enroll in study programs after they have received a letter confirming that they have satisfied the conditions, as follows:
- Completion of current studies
- Fulfillment of language requirement(s) (Hebrew, English, Literary Arabic, Biblical Hebrew).
- Presentation of official documents.
Acceptance letters are valid only for the year issued. Deferred admission is not possible, and candidates must reapply each year.
|Where to Send Mechina Preparatory Year and Foundation Year Application Materials|
Mechina Preparatory Program
The Rothberg International School
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Boyar Building, Mount Scopus
91905 Jerusalem, ISRAEL